The Department is new and has state-of-the-art equipment, while its staff consists of established and experienced surgeons.
The whole spectrum of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery cases is covered such as:
- Skull and face traumas, lesions and fractures
- Cysts and soft tissue tumors as well tumors in hard tissues
- Salivary gland diseases,
- sinus disorders due to denture
- orthognathic issues
- temporomandibular joint problems
- mouth surgery e. g. dental root extraction, semi-closed and closed teeth gaps, apicoectomies or else root-end resections, small benign tumor removal, cyst removal and so on.
Particular significance has been attached to the organization, the set-up and the overall equipment of the department so as to cater for cases of osseointegrated dental implants by means of the most modern, updated and safe techniques in line with international bibliography.
The Department also has a properly set-up surgical area for walking patients so as for mostly minor cases and dental implant osseointegration cases to be treated on the spot either by administering local anesthesia or, primarily, by a combination of local anesthesia and suppression.