Laparoscopic surgery is one of the most advanced methods of surgery, with a constantly expanding field of application, also known as “keyhole surgery”, due to the fact that access to the appropriate organ is achieved via small incisions (5-10mm) through which specialised surgical instruments are inserted the same way a key goes into a keyhole.
Some of the advantages of laparoscopic surgery are:
- The smallest possible surgical incision, and minimal post-operative pain.
- Reduced post-operative hospitalisation and faster recovery, enabling patients to return to work sooner.
- Prevention of intra-abdominal adhesions and post-operative hernias.
Our Hospital’s specialised surgeons perform the full range of laparoscopic surgery, including:
- Diagnostic laparoscopies
- Abdominal organ biopsies
- Adhesions removal
- GI tract perforation management
- Inguinal and post op hernia management.
- Obesity management operations
- Stomach tholoplasty
- Gynecological operations
- Urological operations