The Pulmonology Unit is concerned with:
- Hospitalization of patients suffering from pulmonological diseases as well as monitoring hospitalized respiratory disease patients of other medical specialties.
- The option of hospitalization in an Increased or Intensive Care Unit, if such needs should arise.
- Outpatient services for patients who suffer from respiratory diseases.
At the respiratory management laboratory the following tests are carried out:
- Pre and post-bronchodilator spirometry
- Flow-volume curve
- Arterial blood gas analysis
Flexible video bronchoscopy
- Bronchial washing
- Transbronchial biopsy
Sleep study (polysomnogram) tests using contemporary equipment in a comfortable environment, with the patient accommodated in one of the Mediterraneo Hospital suites and the whole procedure being monitored by our trained personnel.