The Magnetic Resonance Department includes two high-end machines, the Philips Ingenia 1,5 T and the recently installed Philips Ingenia 3T.
The new MRI 3 Tesla, designed with human-oriented criteria in mind, is fully equipped with a variety of multiple channel coils and diagnostic software. It performs all the modern MRI applications in a short time, without any restrictions concerning the body type of the patient and provides results of high diagnostic value.
Nowadays, 3 Tesla MRI scanners provide the strongest magnetic field and they are more efficient, since they offer shorter examination times, more pleasant patient experience due to their wider bore and more detailed images as a result of their higher resolution.
The latter is beneficial when diagnosing pathological conditions involving the brain, spine, and musculoskeletal system. The resolution and clarity also allow radiologists to identify smaller lesions and anatomical structures that cannot be seen with less powerful machines.
More specifically, Philips Ingenia 3.0 T
• Entails the break-through acceleration technique Compressed Sense, which speeds up MRI tests maintaining the same high quality image
• Provides a 70 cm wide bore design, thus making patient positioning easier and reduces anxiety and claustrophobia during the procedure.
• Supports overweight patients up to 250 kgs
• Uses the SoftTone technique which reduces noise up to 86% in all the sequences of the examination. This allows for easy communication with the patients.
• Integrates the new digital technique dStream architecture, the only worldwide platform in which signal digitalization is made directly in the RFcoil, directly at the patient. That results in zero loss of data transmission and outstanding image quality, superior to up to 40% in comparison with the conventional MRI systems. For the first time, the high speed of this platform gives us REAL LIVE imaging in MRIs.
• Provides advanced features that easily and directly adapt to every clinical application.
Our medical equipment is updated continuously integrating the most recent achievements of Biomedical science. This is our main goal and priority in Mediterraneo Hospital: Reliable and accurate diagnosis for successful and valid treatment.
Specialized exams include:
- Magnetic resonance arthrography
- Dynamic MRI of joints
- Magnetic resonance enterography with oral administration of contrast materials
- Magnetic resonance enterography with administration of contrast materials through enteroclysis
- Magnetic resonance colonography with enema
- Magnetic resonance urography-MRU (post-IV contrast administration) and pyelography (without contrast in the case of hydronephrosis)
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP)
- Perfusion MRI
- Magnetic resonance fistulography (without contrast administration into the fistula)
- Cardiac MRI (Functional- Stress Cardiac-T1/T2 Map)
- Functional brain MRI
- Magnetic resonance mammography
- Whole body MRI
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) of specific body areas or whole-body
- Magnetic resonance imaging of cerebrospinal fluid flow (e.g. CSF flow dynamics in the aqueduct of Sylvius)
- Magnetic resonance myelography (without contrast administration)
- Quantitative iron liver MRI (no biopsy)
- Prostate Multiparameter MR Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) – Tractography
- Magnetic Resonance (MR) Defecography
The coexistence of Breast MRI, mammography and breast ultrasound, with the possibility of performing biopsies (FNA, FNB or FNAB), is a complete solution for breast imaging.
OUTPATIENT MRI DEPARTMENT
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To schedule your appointment, please contact the Secretariat +30 210 911 7000, ext. 662