The department consists of three fully equipped endoscopic halls and another which has a radioscopic C-arm for exclusive ERCP use while there is also a recovery and resuscitation area for patients who have undergone endoscopy.
The latest type of video endoscopy systems are used for the entire scope of endoscopic and invasive procedures thus capitalizing on the most current applications gastroenterology and pulmonology have to offer today.
Diagnostic and (non) invasive procedures performed include:
- Εndoscopic check of the small intestine by means of a wireless endoscopic capsule, i.e. wireless capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic polypectomy and mucosectomy
- Percutaneous gastrostomy tube placement
- Removal of foreign bodies from the lumen of the upper or lower GI tract
- Intragastric balloon insertion/removal for the non-surgical management of obesity
- Esophageal dilation
- Endoprothesis placement for the non-surgical management of benign and malignant digestive tract stenosis
- Endoscopic ligation of esophageal varices and internal hemorrhoids
- Treatment of gastrointestinal hemorrhage by means of thermal endoscopy and/or mechanical hemostasis, such as Argon Plasma Coagulation or endoscopic clip placement
- Percutaneous liver biopsy and invasive ERCP (for example, extracting chololiths, sphingterotomy, endoprosthesis placements, drainage of pancreatic pseudo-cysts) in conjunction with MRCP, carried out by our Radiology Dept.
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To make an appointment, please call the Secretariat at +30 210 911 7000, ext. 600 & 061