The CT Department has available the Brilliance CT 64-channel scanner.
This machine is equipped with the most modern operating system and hardware for all probable CT operations. Specifically fit for coronary angiography (CT angiography) and brain perfusion, as well as other solid viscera.
Its most important advantage, however, is the reduction in the radiation levels dose – unique to the Philips iDose4 method – which is used for the first time in Greece.
The dose reduction can be as high as 80% of the dose administered so far. The tests carried out are:
Simple CT scans
Characterized as such, are those concerning entire areas of the body (Cranial CT scan, neck, chest, upper-lower abdomen, joints, and limbs).
CT scans of individual regions or organs
These more localized tests are performed in order to get enhanced images and – by taking specialized technical images or through administering contrast materials – to locate lesions that may not otherwise have been depicted adequately by standard area imaging. Indicatively, for the cranial region the following CT scans can be done: brain, pituary gland, cerebellopontine angles, lithoid bone, skull base, nasal cavity-sinuses, eye sockets, skull, parotids, temporomandibular joints etc). Such tests can be performed for other regions of the body as well.
- Angiograms for the whole body, such as CT coronary angiography (with calcium score), aortic (thoracic and abdominal), renal arteries, iliac arteries, lower and upper limb arteries, neck arteries, intracranial vessels, whole-body angiography using axial tomography, hiatal hernia venography.
- Dynamic axial scans (e.g. dynamic shots of temporomandibular joints),
- CT arthrographies (intra-articular contrast injection)
- Esophageal/ stomach CT (gastrography) following oral administration of contrast materials
- CT enterography –following oral administration of contrast materials
- CT enteroclysis
- CT Colonography /virtual colonoscopy
- Fistulography (with contrast medium to the fistula)
- CT pyelogram (urogram)
- CT voiding urethrography
- 3D recomposition of any region of the body the attending physician may wish to examine or the examination itself requires it
- CT scan imaging for dental purposes
- Lung or other nodule volume measurement
Interventional procedures under CT/ axial scanner guidance
- Cut biopsy techniques, as well as FNB/FNA throughout the body, except for the central nervous system, the myocardium, the eyes and wherever such techniques may be performed alternatively, under U/S guidance or a more appropriate method
- Effusion drainage (chest and abdomen)
- CAT scan with Myelography
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments and injections of anti-inflammatory-analgesic drugs under CT guidance
CT SCAN UNIT
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To make an appointment, please call the Secretariat at +30 210 911 7000, ext. 662