Mediterraneo Hospital, in an effort to constantly update its services, launched the new Digital Mammography, Senographe Pristina 3D with tomosynthesis, the top model of General Electric (GE).
This Mammography offers extremely precise and detailed imaging, using the lowest possible dosage and providing the unique option of controlled pressure applied by the examinee herself.
The unique feature of controlled breast pressure applied by the patient herself is only one of the numerous advantages of Senographe Pristina 3D.
Women who undergo a mammogram now have the option to moderate breast pressure levels using the wireless device Dueta, while always under a technician’s supervision, and to minimize discomfort and pain related to the examination.
Furthermore, the modern design of Senographe Pristina 3D, with its rounded angles and the thinnest image sensor possible, improves breast positioning during the examination, thus significantly decreasing breast pressure duration and subsequent discomfort.
Tomosynthesis is a new high resolution 3D breast imaging technique that offers higher diagnostic accuracy in comparison to traditional mammographies. It uses a low-dose x-ray system and computer reconstructions to create three-dimensional images of the breasts.
Moreover, it has the ability to differentiate normal from abnormal breasts, thus clarifying even the slightest suspicious findings.
The innovation of this mammography model is its ability to perform both conventional mammograms and 3dimensional tomosynthesis with the same radiation dosage. As a result, the woman receives the radiation amount of a single examination.
What are the advantages of digital tomosynthesis?
- Minimization of possible false positive or false negative results
- Fewer recalls for further investigation involving supplemental imaging of suspicious findings
- Increased accuracy in early detection of malignancy
- Improved precision in the size and the borders of the tumor, thus providing significant aid to surgeons
- Provides the option of stereotactic biopsy of suspicious lesions when they are not visible in 2D mammography.
Digital tomosynthesis is indicated in:
- Pre-menopausal women
- Women of all ages who have dense breast tissue
- Moreover, it provides supplementary evidence to the 2D mammogram in case of suspicious findings
Mammography is supported by a modern stereotactic biopsy system which provides painless breast biopsies and presurgical stereotactic needle localization.
In addition to the above, the combination of MRI mammography and breast U/S with the option of core biopsy and ultrasound needle localization provide a holistic management of breast imaging.
DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHY UNIT
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To make an appointment, please call the Secretariat at +30 210 911 7000, ext. 662