In the wider framework of our Department for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, specific care and treatment is provided in the following fields:
- Mobility and functional assistance through Functional Electrical Stimulation – F.E.S. for upper and lower limbs
- Spasticity and dystonia management (cervical dystonia/ torticollis, torso dystonia, upper and lower limb dystonias), as well as other conditions (head terror, tension headaches) through intramuscular injections of allantotoxin under electromyographic guidance.
- Specialized expert counseling for Pediatric Rehabilitation (management of cerebral palsy, congenital syndromes, neurological and musculosceletal childhood disorders)
- Selection and prescription of appropriate joint and gait assistance devices, as well as other specialized rehabilitation means, depending on individual patient needs.
- Counseling on the rehabilitation and monitoring of musculoskeletal diseases.