The Pneumonology Unit is concerned with:
- Hospitalization of patients suffering from pneumonological diseases as well as monitoring hospitalized respiratory disease patients of other medical specialties.
- The option of hospitalization in an Increased or Intensive Care Unit, if such needs should arise.
- Outpatient services for patients who suffer from respiratory diseases.
At the respiratory management laboratory the following tests are carried out:
- Pre and post-bronchodilator spirometry
- Flow-volume curve
- Arterial blood gas analysis
Flexible video bronchoscopy
- Bronchial washing
- Transbronchial biopsy
Sleep study (polysomnogram) tests using contemporary equipment in a comfortable environment, with the patient accommodated in one of the Mediterraneo Hospital suites and the whole procedure being monitored by our trained personnel.
OUTPATIENT LUNG UNIT
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To make an appointment, please call the Secretariat at +30 210 911 7000, ext. 710 & 730