It is a fact that cardiac surgery is the pinnacle of surgical art and science. The department boasts exceptionally skilled and experienced cardiac surgeons (with past experience both in Greece and abroad) who, in addition to the sophisticated equipment and facilities provided by our Hospital (eg. the first hybrid theatre in Greece), manage all modern aspects of adult Cardiac Surgery, including:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts (CABG or Bypass Surgery), using multiple arterial grafts, such as the internal mammary arteries and radial arteries. As far as the saphenous vein graft is concerned, smaller incisions are performed for both an aesthetic and functional result (earlier post-operative mobilisation).
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts (CABG or Bypass Surgery), performed with a beating heart, without the use of cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Valve Repair, instead of replacement (where applicable)
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm repair, either chronic or Acute Aortic Dissections
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation during mitral valve surgery
- Trans-thoracic Aortic Valve Implantations (TAVI) via a catheter and a small submammary incision, for patients with severe aortic valve stenosis where conventional valve replacement is of considerable risk. This procedure is performed in a Hybrid Theatre.
- Short-term or intermediate Mechanical Circulatory Support, with either Levitronix or Impella devices.
- Long-term Mechanical Circulatory Support Device implantation, either Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD) using the HeartWare and Incor devices, or BiVentricular Assist Devices (BiVAD) using the Berlin Heart Excor Device (mechanical heart).Patients receive round-the-clock post-operative care
OUTPATIENT CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY DEPARTMENT
It responds to Emergencies round the clock
Regular Outpatient Dept.:
To schedule your appointment, please contact the Secretariat at +30 210 911 7000, ext. 535